Friday, February 12, 2010

Danish river in Feb

My health wasn't any better in yesterday. I was in bed most of the time and I skipped Powersports and Mind & Body. I still dragged myself to Outdoor class as we went shooting.

I haven't shoot from sport rifle (or any other firearm for that matter) over 10 years so it was fun. Overall scores of our 20 people group were very close to each other but... I was the best in class. :P I scored 184 points with 25 shots. At the end I had a little conversation with shooting club guys. One of them showed his score from the same day, which was 5 points higher, and asked me to come back some day. I said that I even might, and then I will also bring my glasses. :D Their surprise reaction was funny. :P

My ankle was about 80% ok in yesterday, but today it's almost completely fine. That's good. Also the cold is leaving slowly, not so much coughing and blowing the nose anymore. But the health in tomorrow is open issue because of our today's Outdoor surprise.

Well, the task wasn't so hard. All we had to do is jump to river, with clothes. Sure, this is not Estonia's winter but still, it's February, there is snow, there are minus degrees outside and the water was about 0 degrees.
I was the 3rd jumper from my group. The water was cold but not as bad as I thought it would be. It was refreshing for sure. The biggest surprise was the breathing although we were warned about that before. It's hard to make big breath and talk in cold water.
The clothes changing was also outside, human wall blocking the wind. My dressing was quite fast although if there would have been a bit more prep time I would have been able to optimize the process more. The overall experience was awesome and I would like to try this again. Tarmo, if you are reading this - our old "late autumn swim in Viitna lake" plan have to take part!

I ran home, sat on our cold sauna for a while and that may be the end of this week's big actions. Will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment